Windows Media Player Playlist or WPL is a computer file format that is used to store multimedia playlists. It’s a proprietary file format that is widely used in Microsoft Windows Media Player in version 9-12. The elements of WPL files are represented in XML format.
WPL files contain .wpl extension, and these files are used by Windows Media Player of Microsoft, the default application that is used to launch multimedia playlist. WPL doesn’t consist of media files in actuality; they only store references to video or audio files.
If you are facing a problem in opening WPL files right on your device, then follow these straightforward steps:
Using Adobe Audition
The WPL files are essentially the list of songs. Therefore, you can’t make editing in your audio or video files contained in the WPL playlist. It also helps the users to open WPL files on a device.
Here, you will know several features of Adobe Audition software:
- Adobe Audition is one of the premier software used to open most of the music and audio files with several editing features.
- It’s the professional audio editor that integrates with several Creative Cloud apps like Premiere pro to make your content creation procedure easy.
- Adobe Audition supports waveform views and multi-tracks by which you can easily cut, inspect and enhance your audio tracks. It also helps to restore sound contents to make it appealing, like it is recorded as pro audio.
Using Zoom Player MAX Media Player
If you wish to open WPL files right on your device using ZOOM Player MAX Media Player, then follow these steps:
- First and foremost, you need to download the recent edition of your ZOOM Player MAX Media Player right from the site of Inmatrix.
- Then, launch ZOOM Player MAX Media Player there.
- After that, search for the folder icon situated at the lowermost section of your media player interface. Then, press the same and proceed.
- You will see a prompt box on your screen where you can easily browse your system files.
- Search for the WPL files you like to play.
- Press the OK button after choosing your file.
- Then, hit the Open tab there.
- Now, the WPL file will start playing your content.
Using Microsoft Windows Media player
If you are still facing errors and a problem that’s why WPL files fail to open on your device, Microsoft’s Windows Media Player will help you a lot. Follow these steps to know more:
- At the start, launch the Windows Media Player of Microsoft.
- Then, go to the menu bar and then press the File tab.
- Drag the pull-down menu to invoke several options.
- After that, hit the Open tab.
- Once you tap the Open button, you will see a pop-out window on your device screen where you can easily browse the desired file through your system files directory.
- Now, search through your WPL files you like to play.
- Next, choose the desired file and then hit the Open tab.
- After some time, the respective WPL file starts playing on your system.
Opening WPL files Using VLC Media Player
If you want to open Windows Media Player Playlist files on your system, then you can easily use the VLC Media Player right on your system. Here’s how:
- At the start, you need to download a free edition of VLC Media Player right from the VideoLAN website.
- Then, choose the VLC Media Player option there.
- Choose the Media option from the menu bar. You will see a pull drop menu on your screen where you can easily tap the “Open File” option.
- Now, browse through the system’s file for your respective WPL file that you like to play.
- Choose the file and then hit the Open tab.
- The WPL file will start playing your desired content.
Using AllPlayer Media Player
If you like to open WPL files right on your device, then follow these simple steps:
- At the start, you have to download the recent edition of the AllPlayer Media Player right from the “AllPlayer” website.
- Then, launch the AllPlayer Media Player on your system’s screen.
- Now, go to the folder icon and tap on it. It will be situated at the lower left-hand side edge of your screen.
- After a while, a menu will appear, then you need to choose the Open Video file option or Open Audio File, based on the type you desire to launch that are have in the playlist of your WPL file.
- Next, look for the WPL file you like to play.
- Choose the file and then hit the Open tab.
- Now, the WPL file starts to play.
Microsoft Windows Media Player uses a WPL file that’s default application. You can easily open the same using several applications like ZOOM Player MAX Media Player, Audio Audition, VLC Player, Microsoft Windows Media Player, and so on.